Plans for Data Science class
Data Science class starts Thursday! Here’s the message that went out to the first class of participants. Sign up here to join us:
Dear Data Science students,
If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to register for the Coursera “Data Scientist’s Toolbox” course starting Oct 5. Go ahead and look around or wait till Thursday evening–you choose!
In the first class, we will
- do brief introductions
- discuss the “certificate question”: is learning experience + course products enough, or do you want $29 verified Coursera certificate? (in subsequent courses, cost rises to $49)
- look at syllabus and website navigation
- watch the first 5 short videos together (1 – 9 minute range in length)
- look at discussion forums
- decide whether to continue together or work individually through the rest of the week’s material
Time: 7-9 pm
Place: Bull City Coworking, 112 S. Duke St.
Parking: On Duke St or around corner on Peabody. In unlikely event that street parking is full, use our official parking lot on right side of Gregson St. just south of railroad bridge (a 3 block walk). We’ll make sure no one walks alone at the end of class.